IT Blueprint Solutions is a fast-growing Vancouver based company that provides expertise in IT solutions comprised of cloud services, best in class hardware, software, security, networking, and data protection. We are currently looking for a full-time Network Security Specialist to join our Vancouver-based team.
Working in our Technology group, this position participates in project-based delivery of networking and security solutions as well as providing technical assistance to team members and customers.
The right candidate is a team player, motivated and able to manage their time efficiently and effectively and is presentable, charismatic, and has strong communication skills.
- Project based solution implementation work as well as IT Support escalation for customer on-premises, hybrid and cloud related network and security environments.
- Support of ITBlueprint internal network and security systems.
- Work with our sales team to help understand new customer requirements and how they may be addressed.
- Analyze business requirements to develop network and security solutions.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and resolution of problems.
- Coordinates with other project team members as technology projects are in process including applications, technical and vendor staff to ensure constant communication and successful outcomes.
- Participate in the writing of functional requirements/specifications/bill of material documents as required.
- Participate in writing statements of work and responding to RFI, RFQ and RFPs.
- Perform health checks and assessments for customer systems.
- Performs other related work as required or requested by management.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of LAN switching, Routing, Wireless, Firewalls and Data Center solutions from multiple vendors.
- Working knowledge of Security technologies including but not limited to End-point protection, AV, Sandboxing, and Mail security solutions.
- Vendor knowledge and certification including Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Dell, VMware and Ruckus are highly desirable.
- Working knowledge on virtualization solutions including VMware Distributed Switching and NSX as well as Microsoft hypervisors and Microsoft Azure stacks.
- Understanding of all facets of enterprise network and security systems.
- Network assessment, installation, and documentation expertise.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, planning and documentation skills, problem-solving skills as well as business acumen.
- Must possess strong skills in personal diplomacy and customer service and consistently demonstrate a high level of motivation, commitment to teamwork, professionalism, and trustworthiness.
- Must possess sound decision-making ability, operate well under pressure and be tenacious in resolving difficult problems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 5+ years related experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Other Certification Requirements:
- Advanced Certifications in networking and security related areas are desirable including:
- Fortinet (NSE6)
- Cisco (CCNP)
- Palo Alto Networks (PCNSA or PCNSE)
- Reside in the Greater Vancouver area and ability to work onsite at customer locations throughout Vancouver and the lower mainland.
- A valid BC driver’s license and ability to travel as needed.
- A passport with ability to travel between the United States and Canada as needed.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health spending account.
- Performance based incentives.
- Ability to work remotely when not on customer sites or attending meetings.
- Technical training and certification maintenance.
- Fun working environment and culture.